The National Standards Board for Therapeutic Musicians➚ (NSBTM) was created by leaders in the field of therapeutic music as a governing body to establish, maintain, and promote professional Standards of Practice of programs that train and certify therapeutic musicians. It provides communication and collaboration among accredited training programs, and supports continuing education in the field.
NSBTM invites you to consider becoming a Friend of Therapeutic Music. The NSBTM is working to promote our profession, has created a Presentation packet for use by therapeutic musicians, and has made wonderful strides in collaboration with the American Music Therapy Association so that music therapists increasingly understand the profession of therapeutic musicians, as well as the possibilities for supporting each other and working together.
A Friend of Therapeutic Music receives several benefits:
- Updates on current and emerging research on therapeutic music.
- Legislative alerts on issues that promote or hinder the availability of therapeutic music in healthcare.
- Interaction with NSBTM and its membership for advancement of the profession.
- “Friend of Therapeutic Music” listing on the NSBTM website and opportunities for promotion of approved events.
- Opportunity to participate in NSBTM projects.