SAVE THE DATE!
Announcing MHTP's 2016 Conference at The Presentation Center, Los Gatos, CA, July 14-17, 2016 www.presentationcenter.org
Announcing New Class Sites
We are delighted to announce these MHTP class sites:
- Livingston, NJ at St. Barnabas Medical Center – beginning in September 12-13, 2015
- Tampa, FL at St. Joseph's Hospital - beginning October 3-4, 2015
- Woodstock, Ontario, Canada - beginning November 21-22, 2015
- • Baltimore, MD at Mercy Hospital - beginning January 9-10, 2016
- • Salt Lake City, UT - beginning January 30-31, 2016
- • Denver, CO - beginning February 20-21, 2016
- Federal Way, WA at St. Francis Hospital - beginning April 9-10, 2016
- Harrisonburg, VA - beginning June 12-14, 2016
- Watch for new classes being scheduled for 2016 in Syracuse, NY, Ann Arbor, MI, Portland, OR & Dallas, TX
Supporting MHTP by using AmazonSmile
If you buy products from Amazon, you can support MHTP by using AmazonSmile.
Go to this link: Amazon Smile MHTP
When you shop, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to MHTP at no cost to you.
Advanced Business Development Webinars for All Therapeutic Musicians
Date(s): January 9 and 10, 2015
- 15 CEUs. Open to students and graduates of NSBTM-accredited programs
- $300 for entire weekend including materials!
- Taught by Cheryl Zabel, CMP and Washington State MHTP Area Coordinator, who has utilized these techniques successfully in her own therapeutic musician business for the last five years.
- Contact her at email@example.com for information and registration for this class. |
2014 MHTP Conference CDs
Conference CDs feature these topics for 11.5 MHTP Continuing Education Units:
- Russill Paul: Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door: Mantras & Music as Sacred Portals to the Afterlife
- Russill Paul: Mantras and Modes for Spiritual Transition: Tapping the Hidden Power of Music and Chant
- Bethlyn Gerard: Magic behind the Music - Vibrational Science and Health
- Laurie Riley, Martha Lewis, Maryann Schulz, Mary Radspinner. Moderator: Carol Spears: Honoring Our Past: Founders Roundtable
- Bethlyn Gerard: Are you in treble? Want to jump off a clef? Tune up your Resiliency
- Nick Jacobs: When the Planets & Stars Align: Bringing established, evidenced based practices together to move our profession forward
- Terri Fevang, Lloyd Goldstein, Karen Peterson: Live Therapeutic Music Research Presentations
- Nick Jacobs, Carol Joy Loeb, Cheryl Belanger, Melinda Gardiner: Envisioning Our Future
The founders of MHTP had a clear vision for the Program they were creating. The objectives of the Music for Healing and Transition Program are charitable and educational, and include: Serving the ill and dying with live music to facilitate and promote healing or assist in the life/death transition; Teaching the practice of this service; Establishing centers for education all over the United States; Publishing information, research findings and other material about this unique profession; Providing Continuing Education opportunities for our graduates; Developing affiliations with healing, charitable and educational organizations where this service may be provided by Certified Music Practitioners (CMP) ®
MHTP instructors are Certified Music Practitioners® and highly trained specialists in their field. As CMPs® they each have an active independent therapeutic music practice in their hometown locations. A specifically trained and dedicated instructor is provided for each module. MHTP received its non-profit status in 1995. It is a 501©(3) non-profit corporation exclusively for charitable, literary, and educational purposes, funded from tuition and donations.
MHTP is a member of The National Standards Board for Therapeutic Musicians (NSBTM), which has created Professional Standards for Therapeutic Musicians www.nsbtm.org
The Music for Healing & Transition Program (MHTP) trains and certifies musicians to provide live therapeutic music, which creates healing environments for the ill and/or dying and all who may benefit. We recognize music as a therapeutic enhancement to the healing process and the life/death transition. Our graduates are Certified Music Practitioners (CMP) ®. We collaborate with healthcare facilities and community organizations to educate about, and promote research in, the effectiveness of therapeutic music.
Read an Article by Silvia Nakkach, M.A.,MMT
Devotional Music Therapy, Contemplative Vocal Music and the Passage
Read an Article by Melinda Gardiner, CMP
Some thoughts about teaching what you know about Therapeutic Music to other musicians
|MHTP has many training sites throughout the US and Canada.
To advance our student interns in the development of their skills, we affiliate with health care facilities.
Some sites that have welcomed MHTP interns:
|Concord Hospital, Concord, NH||Anne Arundel General Hospital - MD|
|University of Michigan Medical Center - MI||Univeristy of Maryland Medical Center, MD|
|Columbia-Memorial Hospital - Hudson, NY||Mercy Hospital, Baltimore, MD|
|Hospice of Lancaster County - PA||Cooper Green Hospital - Birmingham, AL|
|Providence Medical Center - Seattle, WA||Loyola Medical Center - IL|
|Flagstaff Medical Center - Flagstaff, AZ||St Francis Hospital - Federal Way, WA|
|Danbury Hospital - Danbury, CT||Northside Hospital - Georgia|
|St. Mary's Medical Center - Evansville, IN||Children's Hospital - Aurora, CO|
|Highline Rehabilitation Hospital - Seattle, WA||St. Barnabas Medical Center - NJ|
|St. Vincent's Hospital - Indianapolis, IN||North Suburban Hospital - Denver, CO|
|Methodist Hospital (Clarian Health) - IN||St. Anthonys Central - Denver, CO|
|Tampa General Hospital - Tampa, FL||Bon Secours Maria Manor - St. Petersburg, FL|
|Moffitt Cancer Center - Tampa, FL||Morton Plant Mease Hospital - Safety Harbor|
|St. Anthonys Hospital - St. Petersburg, FL||University of Virginia Medical Center - VA|