Each student of MHTP is required to complete all five modules, in addition to other graduation requirements.
The total cost of tuition and materials for all five MHTP modules ranges between $2,250 and $2,550, depending on which Payment Plan (detailed below) you select.
The standard cost of tuition and materials, based on the Five Payment Plan (below), is $2,400:
- $1,840 ($460 per module) for classes in Modules 1 - 4 (see class descriptions)
- $560 for classes in Module 5 (see class descriptions)
In addition, an Application Fee of $195 must be paid at the time of application, regardless of which payment plan you choose. A portion of the Application Fee may be refunded if you decide not to enter the program. Of the Application Fee, $25 is non-refundable unless you state that you can only take MHTP modules at one site and that site is canceled.
Your total tuition and materials cost varies based on your choice of Payment Plan, depending on how you would like to make payments over time.
- Five Payment Plan: This is the standard--and most commonly chosen--payment plan, requiring a Tuition and Materials Fee payment every two months. The first payment must be made before taking the first module, and subsequent payments must be received a month before each module. Tuition and Materials Fees of $460 each for Modules 1 though 4 plus $560 for Module 5 = total cost of $2,400.
- Two Payment Plan: By agreeing to two payments, the student receives a $100 reduction over the Five Payment Plan cost. The first payment must be made before taking the first module and the second, final payment is due four months later. Each payment is $1,150. Tuition and Materials Fees, reduced by $100 over Five Payment Plan = total cost of $2,300.
- Ten Payment Plan: When choosing this plan, the student pays $150 more than the Five Payment Plan cost, to help cover additional administrative effort. The first two payments must be received before taking the first module, and subsequent payments are due by the first of each month for eight more months. Each payment is $255. Tuition and Materials Fees, increased by $150 over Five Payment Plan = total cost of $2,550.
Tuition reduction & Scholarships
Up to $200 tuition reduction is occasionally given to acknowledge advanced musical education and/or professional healthcare experience. This is determined by the Application Registrar when each application to MHTP is reviewed, and you will be promptly notified if a reduction is approved.
A limited number of scholarships, of $150 per module, are available for MHTP students. To be considered for a scholarship, you:
- Must have been accepted into the Program
- Must have completed a Tuition Payment Agreement
- Must have satisfactorily completed one module
Each scholarship is applied as a credit toward tuition for a specific module. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of need, availability of funds, and commitment to complete all MHTP requirements within three years after completing the first module.
Scholarship applications must be received via postal mail at least 45 days before the start date of the module for which a scholarship is being requested. See the current module schedule.
To apply for a scholarship, complete the Scholarship Form (PDF). Follow the instructions on the form to submit it.
You will be notified promptly of results of your scholarship application, either by e-mail or by postal mail no later than 30 days before the requested module date.
This website currently is unable to process reduced payments from either tuition reductions or scholarships. Anyone wishing to make an approved reduced payment must directly contact the Application Registrar to make that payment.
*SOME FINE PRINT
Not included in the Tuition and Materials Fees of MHTP are any travel costs (e.g., transportation, food, lodging) associated with attending classes, books on the required reading list, private music lessons (if required), and additional meetings with your Advisor that you might choose or are requested to have.
Each student must submit a Tuition Payment Agreement (PDF) before attending the first module and must pay tuition as specified in this Agreement. A late fee of $5 per day will be added for late registration and late module payment. Late fees are waived for students entering the first module. You must contact MHTP’s Financial Administrator if your financial situation changes and there is a need to adjust your Tuition Payment Agreement.